Saturday, April 2, 2016

Ye PokéGods, How To Start...

So, I've labeled my boxes. I've sorted my pre-existing pokémon.  Now what?

During the Kalos Dex Mission, I used print-outs to keep organized, but I don't want to print out the names of 720 pokémon this time around.  Not only would the pages get all grungy fast, but the sheaf would be enormous and bulky.

So I've decided to go box-by-box.

I don't know how other people have done this, but this is the way I'm doing it for now.  I've almost completed Box One (1-30).  So far, the method is working well.  Working with 30 pokémon at a time is a good amount.




All I have left to do for Box One (1-30) is to evolve my Weedle and my Caterpie one evolution each and KEEP THEM THERE!  My grinding locale of choice in X is the cave staircase outside the Pokémon League.  You can level up fast and cheap there using Experience Share, but I can't use that place this time around because bug pokémon evolve so fast.  I don't want my new Metapod to evolve to Butterfree in one go.  Then I'd have to start all over again.  So I think I'll go to the game's bug woods (Santalune Forest) and level them up there, safely.  

I might be overly cautious... not sure.

So far, it's been so satisfying to see each pokémon and it's evolution(s) in order.  I mean, look at that Ekans and Arbok next to each other.  It just sends a frisson of order down my spine.  And the Pidgey, Pidgeotto, and Pidgeot.  Gorgeous.

QUESTION FOR YOU: What are the benefits of a Living Dex, in your opinion?

No comments:

Post a Comment