Friday, April 8, 2016

Ultra Balls Are Terrible

No, I did not catch my Moltres for Box Five by using an Ultra Ball.  I caught it using a Great Ball after all my Ultra Balls ran out.




Playing Gens One and Two, then missing out on Three, Four, and Five made coming back to Pokemon XY so much fun.  The balls, especially, were awesome.  I loved the new balls.

They are so fit for certain scenarios, you know?  You're surfing? Use a Net Ball!  You're catching a young pokémon — Nest Ball is your jam.  I loved the designs, too.  The Heal Ball is really cute and the Luxury Ball is classy.  The Dusk Ball is just bomb. But one thing hasn't changed.

Ultra Balls still suck.

I'm not saying they're statistically less likely to catch a pokémon than a Great Ball.  That's not true. But it seems that way because they're so expensive and they're not that much more effective than other balls.

Here's what I've come up with, my thesis statement on Ultra Balls, for all intents and purposes: The plural, lower-tier balls you can buy with the money it takes to buy a single Ultra Ball will give you more of a chance to catch pokémon through multiple attempts.




However, one question still stands.  Which is better... Ultra Balls or Safari Balls? 



No comments:

Post a Comment