Sunday, April 3, 2016

I Need Moon Stones

Today in Living Dex Mission News, I need four Moon Stones.  I need to evolve Nidorina and Nidorino, and Skitty and Munna. I already have Wigglytuff and Clefable.


Last night and today, I figured out that you can get Moon Stones a few ways in Pokémon X.  You can find them in pokéballs in the Reflection Cave and Terminus Cave and on Route 18, you can win it from the Inverse Battle trainer, and you can pick one up from Super Training. You can also grab them off of wild pokémon — Lunatone and Clefairy. (5% chance for each that they'll be holding one. That's slim, but doable.)



Right now I'm unsure about where I got my current Wigglytuff and Clefable. Did I evolve them during my current game or get them elsewhere? Not sure.  So I have to double check the Reflection Cave, Terminus Cave (groan) and Route 18.  I loathe poké-caves.  Reflection Cave in XY is kind of cute and different, but Terminus Cave is classic Pokémon — a labyrinth of despair. But, I suppose I could always use it as an opportunity to level up my Stealth O-Power. 

As for Super Training... I think I've played it once.  It seems kind of lame, and is just the sort of minigame that holds no interest for me (I'm bad at it).  I've also read that X rarely hands out Moon Stones through Super Training. Anyone know if this is true?

What I really want to do is harvest the Stones using Thief or Pickup. But to do that, I need my new Clefairy Safari Friend, Will, to GET ONLINE WHEN I AM ALREADY! For real, I have almost max capacity friends on the 3DS, and less than half of them have garnered full 3-pokémon safaris. It's time to do some purging, soon.


In yet another example of me NOT looking up pokemon on Bulbapedia the way I should, I had been trying to level up my Munna the old fashioned way. So now I have a level 44 Munna ready to be evolved with the Moon Stone. 





Overall, it's been a frustrating day today, with the Living Dex Mission. I've been going a lot of new places on the internet to get resources to help with the Quest, and I've made so many noob mistakes. Just today, I've been disqualified from a giveaway (for deleting a request after my trade pokémon got sniped on the GTS. Apparently, I wasn't supposed to delete the comment, just post a reply negating it.) and warned for sharing a link on the comments on Twitch.  (I didn't read the rules. I didn't know there were rules! See? Noob.)

So, I'm kind of agitated right now. I don't like being disqualified or warned and it's not something that I'm used to. 

Siiiiigh.

But anyway, although nobody's piped up yet, I've seen through the analytics that people are reading this.  So that's cool. :D

QUESTION FOR YOU: How much of your pokédex is the result of trading?

No comments:

Post a Comment