Saturday, April 2, 2016

My GameBoy Color Is Dead

I can't believe this day has come.  My old GameBoy Color is broken.  There's something wrong with the part that saves files.  While the device still turns on, games still play, nothing can be saved.  


This is disappointing, because I still play my GameBoy Color. Really, I do!




 I remember in college, I would play the thing while waiting for the football players to come up for tutoring.  They'd see me using it and be like, "You know you can play those games on your phone?" And I'd be all, "Look who's a wise guy. You written that paper that's due tomorrow yet?" 

I remember playing the GameBoy Color in the family van on road trips to Florida.

I remember asking Pikachu ad nasuem about how he was feeling.  ("Pika!")



I remember being so annoyed by the cell phone in Silver and deleting all the trainers from my contacts list. (A glimpse to my future, if ever I saw one.)

I remember so much. 

Yes, it's true that I can play Red, Blue, and Yellow on the 3DS now.  (I have Yellow and Blue, in fact.) That's good.

Yes, it's true that there are emulators. That's very nice.

But, it's still the end of an era. The thing is broke. So is my heart. (Okay, that might be a touch melodromatic.)

Rest in peace, GameBoy Color.

QUESTION FOR YOU: Do you keep your old game systems?




No comments:

Post a Comment